SMPTE Seeks Tech Papers For 2013 Conference
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers is now accepting technical papers to be presented at the organization’s 2013 Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition.
“Presentation of technical papers is a critical part of the conference and an ideal forum for showcasing new technical theory, research, innovation, applications and practices specific to the industry,” said Patrick Griffis, SMPTE’s VP of education.
While anything technical and relevant to the industry is acceptable, some areas of interest include:
- High-bandwidth and high-performance networks and infrastructure
- New uses for high-resolution formats
- Acquisition, processing, management, storage, archiving and distribution of media
- Digital audio usage and issues across various applications
- Color management
- Digital intermediate workflows
- File-based workflows
- Mobile video services
- IP-based content handling and distribution
- Content security
- Monitoring and control
- Advances in compression schemes and data exchange protocols.
Applications must be submitted by June 30. For more information, visit SMPTE.org/cfp. The conference is Oct. 22-24 in Hollywood, Calif.